Prague, Czech Republic, Friday 4 May 2012 – Bohemia Interactive, the award-winning independent Czech development studio, is delighted to announce a massive update to the IOS and Android game Arma 2: Firing Range.
Augmented Reality: A stunning revolution in mobile gaming technology, Augmented Reality brings exciting new aspects to Arma 2 Firing Range, no longer is your view restricted to what you see on your screen, now Augmented Reality explodes the reality out of your screen into the world around you!
- Virtual Previews: This exciting new technology from Bohemia Interactive allows for a virtual preview of in game weapons, when utilizing a specially created printed marker. The virtual preview explodes into the world beyond your fingertips.
- Virtual Firing Range: Use the marker to create your own virtual firing range, aiming at a real target on a real wall, that’s Augmented Reality! (We are not responsible for any damages inflicted to your living room wall as a result of accidental firing!)
Seeing really is believing! Here's a demonstration of Augmented Reality within Arma 2 Firing Range:
What's New in Version :
- Augmented Reality support, available for weapon previews and as a new AR firing range.
- Career mode.
- New visual features and lot of minor fixes.
- Fluid weapon swaying, smoother drag controls etc.
- New information window.
- Many bug fixes, tweaks and improvements.