Iron Front Liberation 1944: Arma 2 Tech Enters World War II
Prague, Czech Republic May 18th - Bohemia Interactive, the award-winning independent Czech development studio, is pleased to announce, in cooperation with AWAR and X1Software, the release of Iron Front Liberation 1944, a brand new tactical shooter based on the Arma 2 engine.
About Iron Front Liberation 1944
Iron Front: Liberation 1944 is based on Arma 2 technology. It offers authentic environments, weapons & vehicles and is accompanied by two campaigns as well as a huge range of single player and multiplayer missions.
Experience the deciding battles of the summer offensive of 1944 as either the Germans or the Red Army. Starting out as a simple soldier on whichever side you choose, you will experience nerve-wracking, tactical combat – always caught between the orders from your commanding officers, and the reality of battlefield warfare. Over the course of the story, both protagonists will be promoted to command tanks and even fighter planes in addition to their own troops. Southern Poland is the setting, where the hostile armies will clash with the latest weapons from that period. The German objective is clear – consolidate and regroup the remaining troops, stop the Red Army’s advance at all cost, or at least slow it down. As a Red Army soldier, the task is less complex, but no less challenging: Break the resistance to enable an attack on Germany.
Iron Front Liberation 1944 will offer:
- Large-scale battles involving infantry, tanks and planes that re-enact a realistic development of the summer offensive of 1944
- Over 40 vehicles and planes, including the Königstiger, the Katyusha, the Focke-Wulf Fw-190 and the notorious Stuka
- Huge arsenal of authentic weapons, such as the Mauser Karabiner, the MP 40 and grenades, mines, etc.
- Tactical combat and commanding of troops and vehicles for a realistic “in the thick of it” feeling
- Advanced game systems, such as realistic damage models for tanks, destructible environment, hitching and unhitching artillery, etc.
- German and Russian campaign across eight missions, against an authentic backdrop
- Varied mission objectives and a thrilling story covering the final months of the war
- Extensive multiplayer capabilities, with cooperative and PvP battles
- Editor for creating your own missions
Bohemia Interactive´s CEO, Marek Spanel, explains: "The dreaded, bloody Battlefields of World War 2 are always a big challenge for developers working on realistic military simulations. You need to focus on the accuracy of historical backgrounds and units, combined with challenging and flawless yet immersive gameplay. I’m very happy that Bohemia Interactive has the opportunity to support AWAR and X1Software in this great project with our knowledge and Arma 2 technology to bring Iron Front to all PC gamers.”
Preorders are available from May 18th at store.bistudio.com/iron-front.
Iron Front is scheduled for release exclusively for PC on May 25th 2012.