Prague, Czech Republic - 2nd December 2005
Format: PC CDROM
Genre: First person military combat simulation
Release date: H1 2006
Publisher: To be determined
Ultimate Combat Simulation
Brought to you by the creators of Operation Flashpoint*: Armed Assault (ArmA) will reacquaint gamers with the ultimate in realistic, combat gaming.
ArmA features a new engine with a fresh modern setting and focuses on freedom of action and immersive complex environments, blended with a unique touch of total simulation, based on a technology used to train real soldiers around the world, including U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Army and Australian Defense Forces.
"We aim to again deliver the ultimate military simulation for PC, improving the successful gameplay formula of our debut PC game release Operation Flashpoint. It's refreshing for us to focus again on PC game development after years spent working on the Xbox platform and we work hard to make sure not to disappoint the expectations of the great community that built around Operation Flashpoint with this new game." explains Marek Spanel, director and co-founder of Bohemia Interactive.
In ArmA, players will be able to seamlessly explore massive environments (over 400 sq. kilometres) and combat intelligent enemies that try to out think and outmaneuver you. In ArmA it is important to preserve the lives of yourself and your squad members in the heat of a modern armed conflict. Jump into any of a large selection of available vehicles, including armored vehicles and aircraft.
Bohemia Interactive are delighted to announce that Viktor Bocan, the lead mission designer of Operation Flashpoint and the Resistance expansion has rejoined the team to oversee the ArmA project: "When I was asked to participate in finishing the ArmA project I had absolutely no idea how far it had progressed in the past few months. Now it's not just an "extension" or something; the game has become a real successor to Operation Flashpoint in terms of scale, detail and possibilities". says Viktor Bocan.
Development of Armed Assault (ArmA) is progressing rapidly and Bohemia Interactive is currently looking for a publisher. Armed Assault is now planned to be released in H1 2006.
Bohemia Interactive are delighted to take this opportunity to reveal some more of the exciting features and enhancements that will be found in ArmA and release new screenshots showing ingame footage.
- DX9 Engine incorporating many of the latest features, including High Dynamic Range rendering
- Reworked lifelike animations.
- Fully streaming game engine allowing extremely large environments loaded with various special effects.
- Environments are richly detailed and varied.
- New huge sized battlefield (landmass exceeds that of all islands from Flashpoint & Resistance combined)
- New densely populated battlefield (approximately twice the number of objects on all previous islands combined).
- Dynamic weather and daytime simulation (including tides and star constellations)
- Large selection of weapons and vehicles.
- Unique and proven combatant's AI.
- New island containing large cities with many different, fully accessible buildings.
- ArmA's campaign features a brand new story-line, with a modern day setting.
- Campaign's setting and events inspired by real world events, military strategies and political doctrines.
- Updated controls and command interface.
- Large, persistent battles.
- 60+ player multiplayer (plus additional AI), players can join at any time.
- Unique game modes introducing modes of play not seen in any other game.
Custom content support
- Building on top of the successful Operation Flashpoint addon and modding support.
- Built-in scenario editor.
- Versatile object/vehicle animation system.
- Many useful scripting functions.
- Mission wizards enable missions to be played with any addons.
Bohemia Interactive is an independent game development company with studios in the Czech Republic and Australia. Founded in 1999, the Company focuses on developing state-of-the-art computer entertainment software and research in advanced real-time 3D graphics, artificial intelligence and physical simulation technologies for real-time interactive environments. The Company's debut release, Operation Flashpoint (for PC), published by Codemasters, has won universal acclaim for its realism in simulating military conflict situations. BI has developed even more advanced game technology -- Virtual Battlespace 1 that is used by military organizations around the world to train real soldiers for combat. The Company was awarded the Best PC Game Developer of the Year 2001 Award in London and the Rookie Studio of the Year Award at GDC 2002 in San Jose. For more information about Bohemia Interactive visit BohemiaInteractive.com.
*OPERATION FLASHPOINT IS THE US REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF
CODEMASTER SOFTWARE COMPANY LTD. THE ORIGINAL PRODUCTS MENTIONED ARE
SOLD AND DISTRIBUTED BY BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE STUDIO S.R.O., WHICH IS NOT
AFFILIATED WITH, AUTHORIZED BY OR RELATED TO THE TRADEMARK OWNER.